Monday, October 8, 2007

14.CM.Practice

All three tasks were completed.

Installation:
Downloading and installing TortoiseSVN was very easy and only took a few minutes. It did, however, take me a little while to get used to the interface for this program. Once I played around with the interface, however, I found it very easy to retrieve, commit, and update SVN projets.
Once I installed TortoiseSVN, i downloaded the stack project, added a period to one of the javadoc sentences, and committed it. This was a rather fast and easy task.


Problems Encountered:
I ran into only a few problems during this small practice. Most of them were caused by the rather confusing interface at Google project hosting. Sometimes it was difficult to find certain options or menus on the website.
The biggest problem I had was setting up the automatic email notification for the -svn group. The text boxes to input the email addresses to send notification to were in an unexpected area. I had to keep slightly changing my project and re-committing it. I eventually figured it out and was able to get the notification on my Google group.

Lessons Learned:
I learned to use SVN. It is quite a useful tool and I am very glad that I now know how to use it and how to host projects. This assignment was a very easy introduction to some very useful and powerful software.

No comments: